I suggest you ...

Create subcategories or child boards

Ability to create sub categories or sub boards so if a parent board has many categories inside it you'd be able to filter them using sub-boards or sub categories. It'd be like creating folders and subfolders to organize bookmarks.

244 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DaniDani shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Founders at PapalyAdminFounders at Papaly (founder, Papaly) responded  · 

Hi Everyone,

We’ve officially reached 200 votes for this feature. It’s been long overdue but we’re in the process of creating this feature! Happy Friday and hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Randy
    Papaly Team

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • violetteviolette commented  · 

This would make my life soooooo much easier. The reply from the Paypaly team is from over a year ago. Are there any updates/estimated completion date?

• Anjan OletiAnjan Oleti commented  · 

This could be implemented with tabs..

• DenisDenis commented  · 

Hi when this feature will be available

Thanks for your work

• rgpeksonrgpekson commented  · 

+1 on collapsible sub categories.

• FieldsFields commented  · 

Collapsible as well, as I can see this filling up a board quickly.

• Mike PriorMike Prior commented  · 

Oh yes! - Main and sub categories to be collapsable, then what a product.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I came here to suggest subcategories, too. Since you can re-order the links within categories, one might be inclined to order it a specific way. If there were a way to add headers that act as separators between sections of links, that would be nice.

Creating new categories for things is a bit much if the content is only mildly different than an already existing category. For example, if I have a "board" for math topics, and one category is Calculus, I don't want to create multiple categories to separate Books, articles, online tools, etc. I'd like a way to separate different sub-topics.

Sub-headers within categories to separate lists, all shown at once. Perhaps make them collapsible.

Also, it would be nice to be able to categorize boards within folders.

• RCRC commented  · 

separators can also work, I don't really see a need for subboards since you can make categories inside the boards, but there should definitely be an option/way to make a distinction between boards. I mentioned separators, and you can do this by giving us the option to add a line with a text (example of raw idea: http://i.imgur.com/f3pT68l.jpg), it doesn't need to have a function outside your page, it just a way to organize boards in your display

• Francisco BlanchartFrancisco Blanchart commented  · 

Totally subscribe this. It should also apply when importing bookmarks

• Denis TurbideDenis Turbide commented  · 

Very important ideas, please add it as soon as possible

• Founders at PapalyAdminFounders at Papaly (founder, Papaly) commented  · 

Hi Dani,

Thanks for the great suggestion! I went ahead and created a discussion ticket with our engineers for this feature!

Sincerely,
        Randy
        Papaly Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base