I suggest you ...

Add Theme Support

Enable customizing the Papaly interface, such as colors, font, and font size.

95 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anjan OletiAnjan Oleti commented  · 

I would not vote for extensive theme support. Almost all apps (exceptions exist) with theme support tend to become slow, laggy and useless. Any set of options without sacrificing on performance should be fine, but not otherwise. Btw, the existing theme (not dark) is gorgeous :)

• rgpeksonrgpekson commented  · 

The option to customize background colors, or allow users to create and post their own themes.

• Andre GreeffAndre Greeff commented  · 

The idea of full-blown custom theme support is an awesome idea, but I wonder if everybody voting for this has the same idea in mind...

* Are you expecting to be able to change settings in a "theme" menu for colours, font, background, etc?
        * Or are you expecting to be able to create your own theme using custom `css` rules with bundled image and font resource files?

Being a web developer myself, I'd love to have the latter option.. Inspecting the current page markup, it shouldn't be too difficult to override the default theme using something like Minimalist for Everything. I've started playing with that idea myself, but I haven't had time to do anything too meaningful with it yet.

Just to check: Are the theme stylesheets built using any CSS pre-processors like LESS or SASS? If so, then you could separate the "layout" from the "styling" code and create a "theme template" archive along with the appropriate build rules, this way we'll be able to customise any visual aspect of the UI while minimizing the chance of breaking the layout. After this, the only trick left would be to make a way for users to share and install themes.

• Mike PriorMike Prior commented  · 

How pretty it looks doesn't matter to me, however, being able to colour the whole title bar would be great.

• CerberusCerberus commented  · 

Yah put themes with customization. Use photos, gifs, etc. as background

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Plain white background gets boring

• Tiel HealyTiel Healy commented  · 

Yes - font and font size are important, especially for the visually challenged!

Feedback and Knowledge Base